Human Practices Showcase -- Call for Proposals
On Saturday afternoon at the Jamboree, the Human Practices committee will be holding a special session dedicated to hearing your feedback about the Human Practices aspects of the iGEM competition. We are excited to hear your views! iGEM teams and advisors will be invited to give 5-minute talks that answer the following questions:
- What has been most interesting and enjoyable for you about Human Practices?
- What challenges has your team faced in developing and running your Human Practices activities?
- What support or resources can iGEM offer to help you improve your Human Practices work?
If you would like to apply to give one of these 5-minute presentations, please send an email to humanpractices AT igem DOT org by September 7th with the following information:
- Team name
- Project name
- 1-2 sentence description of your Human Practices activity/activities this year
- 1-2 sentence description of why you would like to participate
- Name(s) of proposed presenters during the Human Practices Showcase (can be team members or advisors, or both). These individuals must commit to attending the showcase session on Saturday afternoon.
We are keen to hear feedback from all teams (and advisors) -- whether you have been making big efforts in Human Practices for years now or are newer to iGEM, whether you are brimming with ideas for HP projects or confused about what an HP project looks like -- come share your experiences with us!