Our goal was to finally create a detailed guide to construct a Do-It-Yourself Bioreactor. We have developed the basic devices and some structures but it can always be upgraded. We would like to give everyone the opportunity to try to customize it as per the needs of their experiments. Some of the prerequisites are a Lasercutter and a 3D printer. So get hold of them and start using these files.
The Source code of the whole Master Control Program software suite is available in the igemsoftware GitHub repositoryunder the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3.0.
Hardware Design Files
- 3D printer:
Further, we also provide software tools to help the end-user in recreating our project. Additional programs are made available to debug, test and run the bioreactor. The Arduino Firmware is available in two versions: one to enable the slaves to talk to each other (scalable) and the other one to provide higher possible aeration rates, but without inter slave communication.
- Pump debug/test:Aachen_PumpProg.zip
- Stirrer debug/test: Aachen_StirrerDebug.zip
- Pump Calibrator:Aachen_PumpCalibrator.zip
- OD debug/test: Aachen_OD_final.zip
- Final Arduino-Bioreactor Firmware:
- with inter slave communication: Aachen_Slave_Com.zip
- without inter slave communication: Aachen_without_Com.zip