Welcome to the wiki page of BHSF_Beijing!
As an important industrial chemical, formaldehyde is widely used to manufacture building materials and household products. Continuous exposure to formaldehyde can cause adverse health effects, such as eye, nose, throat and skin irritation, chronic respiratory symptoms, or even cancer. The aim of our project is to design genetically modified bacteria which can efficiently detect the existence of formaldehyde in certain environment and degrade it through controlled expression of formaldehyde dehydrogenase.
Styling your wiki
You may style this page as you like or you can simply leave the style as it is. You can easily keep the styling and edit the content of these default wiki pages with your project information and completely fulfill the requirement to document your project.
While you may not win Best Wiki with this styling, your team is still eligible for all other awards. This default wiki meets the requirements, it improves navigability and ease of use for visitors, and you should not feel it is necessary to style beyond what has been provided.
Editing your wiki
On this page you can document your project, introduce your team members, document your progress and share your iGEM experience with the rest of the world!
See tips on how to edit your wiki on the Template Documentation page.
This year we have created templates for teams to use freely. More information on how to use and edit the templates can be found on the Template Documentation page.
This wiki will be your team’s first interaction with the rest of the world, so here are a few tips to help you get started:
- State your accomplishments! Tell people what you have achieved from the start.
- Be clear about what you are doing and how you plan to do this.
- You have a global audience! Consider the different backgrounds that your users come from.
- Make sure information is easy to find; nothing should be more than 3 clicks away.
- Avoid using very small fonts and low contrast colors; information should be easy to read.
- Start documenting your project as early as possible; don’t leave anything to the last minute before the Wiki Freeze. For a complete list of deadlines visit the iGEM 2015 calendar
- Have lots of fun!
You can also view other team wikis for inspiration! Here are some examples:
- 2014 SDU Denmark
- 2014 Aalto-Helsinki
- 2014 LMU-Munich
- 2014 Michigan
- 2014 ITESM-Guadalajara
- 2014 SCU-China
Uploading pictures and files
You can upload your pictures and files to the iGEM 2015 server. Remember to keep all your pictures and files within your team's namespace or at least include your team's name in the file name.
When you upload, set the "Destination Filename" to
Team:YourOfficialTeamName/NameOfFile.jpg. (If you don't do this, someone else might upload a different file with the same "Destination Filename", and your file would be erased!)