This year we chose to tackle two projects: Biofilms and Bees
At the beginning of the year, our team had many great project ideas. Over the course of a few weeks, we managed to narrow our options down to two projects—saving the bees, and eliminating biofilms. However, we could not decide between them. Both had their merits- saving the bees had a veritable cornucopia of human practices, but difficult, risky lab prospects. Biofilms had almost no human practices opportunities, but an amazing line to follow in lab. This was when one member of our team suggested that we co-develop these projects so that the strengths of one would make up for the weaknesses of the other. At that point, we decided to develop our projects together, and see where they lead us.