The idea of this project was conceived by the team; advisors and instructors gave advices and suggestions on the implementation of this idea. All the data presented on this wiki was measured, collected, and analyzed by the team members. All the plasmids directly involved in the data presented on this wiki were constructed by the team members. The idea conceiving, content planning, execution, and result analysis of human practice were all done by the team members. The following is the detailed attribution:
ZHANG Yihao is the team leader of Peking iGEM 2015. He participated in conceiving the project, took charge of troubleshooting, and managed the experiments, guaranteeing the normal operation of the lab.
WEI Weijia was committed to ameliorate the paired dCas9 (PC) reporter system, namely, to enhance the sensitivity and robustness. Early in the project, he was also responsible for information gathering, experiment design, and lab management
CHENG Sida was in charge of Human Practice and also worked in the wet lab to construct and prepare plasmids for gRNA in vitro transcription.
LI Hang was responsible for designing and manufacturing the portable electronic device that convert optical signal into analogue electrical signal.
LI Jiaofeng worked as the financial manager of the team. She was also responsible for plasmid construction and submission.
LI Xiang was in charge of building M.tuberculosis-sensing system using Molecule Beacon. He was also engaged in the protein purification of dCas9 fusion proteins.
LING Pingping was in charge of measuring the luminescence intensity of PC reporter system. She analyzed the entire experimental data.
LIU Dongming helped to complete the plasmid construction of sgRNA and was in part responsible for human practice.
LIU Wenchao was in charge of the construction of CRISPR gRNA as well as RNA scaffold in the beginning. Later she was working on the purification of dCas9 fusion protein.
WANG Beining took the task of cloning dCas9-luciferase. She was also responsible for the testing of PC reporter system.
WANG Yu participated in plasmid construction, protein purification, and wiki building. She was also the designer of our PowerPoint slides.
XU Luze was in charge of Modeling. His main task was to computationally search for the suitable guide sequences. Also, he was the lab manager for the normal operation of our lab.
YE Yixuan was responsible for human practice and part of the mathematical modeling.
Zhang Xiaohan was in charge of Conference of China iGEMer’s Committee and also helped in human practice and poster design.
Peking iGEM 2015 team gratefully acknowledges the following institutes:
- School of Life Sciences, Peking University
- Office of Educational Administration, Peking University
- Center for Quantitative Biology, Peking University
- School of Physics, Peking University
- School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University
- Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Beijing Research Institute for Tuberculosis Control
We thank the following professors for supporting our project with equipments and chemicals :
- Prof. OUYANG Qi
- Prof. LOU Chubo
- Prof. LIU Cuihua
- Prof. LAI Luhua
- Prof. HE Xinqiang
- Prof. XU Chongren
We would like to thank:
Dr. ZHAO Huiwei for providing us with the plasmid of dCas9 and the linker(GGGGS*2) for fusion proteins;
- Prof. LAI Luhua for providing us with the pET21a plasmid;
- Dr. HOU Junran for providing us with the plasmid carrying FRB and FKBP proteins;
- Dr. ZHANG Haoqian for providing us with the pSB1A3 plasmid with BsaI sites removed;
- Dr. LIU Ruicun from USTC for giving us the plasmid WJ024X containing DHFR;
- Dr. ZHAO Xuejin for technical and equipment support;
- Prof. LIU Cuihua for providing us the isolated genomic of M.tuberculosis.
Our instructor, Dr. ZHANG Haoqian, gave us many ideas about the wiki building.
- Prof. OUYANG Qi and Prof. LOU Chunbo coached us for the presentation.
- Prof. LAI Luhua, Prof. LI Fangting and Prof. RAO Yi participated in our presentation rehearsal and gave suggestions for revisions.
Human practices support
- Doctor LI Bo from Beijing Research Institute for Tuberculosis Control was an invaluable information source for TB facts.
- Director DING Beichuan from Central Laboratory in Beijing Research Institute for Tuberculosis Control showed us around the advanced TB diagnosis laboratory and gave advice to our project.
- Director WANG Suming from Beijing Research Institute for Tuberculosis Control accepted our interview and gave advice to our project.
- Doctor XIE Guangkuan from the Institute of Medical Humanities of Peking University accepted our interview and advised on the ethics discussion.
- Director XIA Kebiao from Infectious Disease Department in Zhenghe County Hospital and Director LV Tingrong from Zhenghe Epidemic Prevention Station told us the epidemic situation of TB in clinical practices.
- Zhenghe No.1 Middle School of Fujian Province gave us the chance to spread the basic knowledge of TB control and synthetic biology to the high school students.
- ZHAO Mingyue, an undergraduate of Heilongjiang University, gave us much help in the questionnaire survey, handing out propagandistic handbooks and maintaining the lab operation.
Fundraising help and advice
- BluePHA® and Synbio Tech® supported the CCiC (.Conference of China iGEMer Committee) as sponsors.
- Our project is funded by School of Life Sciences, Peking University.
Last but not least
- We would like to sincerely thank all the 34 Chinese iGEM teams for participating the CCiC and the volunteers for providing indispensable help.