Wiki How-To/Standard Pages
Standard Page Links
We are introducing a change to the way team wikis will be evaluated in 2015.
To make it easier for judges to find relevant documentation, we have created standard pages with static (unchangeable) links for all awards and for most medal criteria. If your team wants to be evaluated for an award/medal, you will need to document your achievements related to this award/medal on a standard page. For example, if you wish to be evaluated for the Parts Collection prize, you must document your work on http://2015.igem.org/Team:[NAME]/Part_Collection. Below you will find a list of all of the standard pages provided to teams.
The judges will be directed to these pages from static links within the judging form. Do not change the location or URL of these pages in your wiki. If your documentation for an award is not on the page encoded by the static link, your team may not be judged for that prize.
Why are we making this change? Last year, teams were required to enter their own page links into the judging form to be evaluated for some awards. Sometimes these links did not work. For example, some teams used web design packages that created dynamic links, and the system could not identify these pages.
Since specific pages on your wiki can be hard to find, we created these standard pages with static links to help the judges find the information they need to evaluate specific awards. When you create your project wiki, you are not limited to using only these standard pages, however; you may organize additional project information as you wish.
What does this mean? Regardless of how you style your wiki, you will need to preserve the designated URLs in order to be evaluated for the awards listed below. Beware! Web design packages that create their own dynamic links will not work!
So where are the links? Your team wiki will include all of the necessary pages by default. You can refer to the list of pages below, as well. Be sure to use your official team name space. For example: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example.
When striving for an award, note that it is not sufficient to simply fulfill the award criteria. You will need to convince the judges that you have satisfactorily fulfilled the criteria. If the judges are not convinced after reading your documentation (on your wiki and on the Registry), you may not be awarded the prize.
Below are standard links to the team "Example" template pages. For your own pages, please replace "Example" with your team name to find the page on your wiki, or navigate to that page using the menu in your team namespace.
All criteria must be met:
- Bronze #1 – #4: No special page required.
- Bronze #5 (Attributions): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Attributions
- Bronze #6 (Part or Other for New Track teams): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Parts. If a part is required, you will additionally need to provide a part number in your part number range when you fill out the judging form.
All criteria must be met:
- Silver #1 (Part data): Part number in your part number range is required when filling out the judging form. Data must be on the Part page on the Registry.
- Silver #2 (Proof of part submission): Part number MUST be different to Silver #1 submission. You will need to provide a part number in your part number range when filling out the judging form.
- Silver #3 (Human Practices): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Practices
At least two (2) criteria must be met:
- Gold #1 (Human Practices): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Practices
- Gold #2 (Collaboration): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Collaborations
- Gold #3 (Improving a previous iGEM project): Include in project description page http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Description.
- Gold #4 (Functional prototype): http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Design
- Integrated Human Practices: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Practices
- Education and Public Engagement: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Practices
- Measurement: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Measurement
- Model: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example2/Modeling
- Basic Part: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Basic_Part
- Composite Part: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Composite_Part
- Parts Collection: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Part_Collection
- Software Tool: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Software
- Entrepreneurship: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Entrepreneurship
- Applied Design: http://2015.igem.org/Team:Example/Design
Awards with no required standard page:
- Best Wiki
- Best Poster
- Best Presentation
- Track Awards (based on total body of work, not any specific page)