Ferment It Yourself
iGEM Paris-Bettencourt 2O15
- International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) and Macro International. 2007. National Family Health Survey (NFHS-3), 2005-06, India: Key Findings. Mumbai: IIPS.
- Global Nutrition Report 2014: Actions and accountability to accelerate the world’s progress on nutrition International Food Policy Research Institute (2014)
- An Assessment of Vitamin Supplements in the Indian Market Preeta K. Chugh* and Y. Lhamo
- "Golden Rice in India: Is it necessary? What are impediments to adoption?" Ryan Lenz | May 25, 2015 | Genetic Literacy Project
- "Public knowledge, use and attitude toward multivitamin supplementation: A cross-sectional study among general public", Kavita Sekhri and Kirandeep Kaur 2014
- "Potential impact and cost-effectiveness of Golden Rice", Alexander J. Stein, H.P.S. Sachdev & Matin Qaim, 2006
Vitamin A (retinol) project
- Li, Q., Sun, Z., Li, J. & Zhang, Y. Enhancing beta-carotene production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by metabolic engineering. FEMS Microbiology Letters 345, 94-101 (2013).
- Beekwilder, J. et al. Polycistronic expression of a ß-carotene biosynthetic pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae coupled to ß-ionone production. Journal of Biotechnology (2014).
- Voth, W.P., Richards, J.D., Shaw, J.M. & Stillman, D.J. Yeast vectors for integration at the HO locus. Nucleic acids research 29, E59-E59 (2001).
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) project:
- Indian Council of Medical Research 2009 report
- 'Micronutrient deficiency and cognitive and physical performance in Indian children', S Swaminathan, European J. Clin. Nut., 2013
- 'Less Recognised Micronutrient Deficiencies In India', Mahtab S. Bamji, Bulletin of Nutrition Foundation of India, 1993
- 'Three biotechnical processes using Ashbya gossypii, Candida albicans or Bacillus subtilis compete with chemical riboflavin production', K.-P Stahmann & al, Appl Micr. Biotech., 2000
- 'Diversity and functional characterization of microflora isolated from traditional fermented food idli', Chinnashanmugam Saravanan, J Food Sci Technol, 2015
- 'Applied Microbiology', Sanjai Saxena
- 'Genetic engineering of Bacillus subtilis for the commercial production of riboflavin', John B Perkins, J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 22, 8-18, 1999
- 'Regulation of riboflavin biosynthesis and transport genes in bacteria by transcriptional and translational attenuation', A. G. Vitreschak, Nuc. Acid Res., 2002
- 'Tuning constitutive recombinant gene expression in Lactobacillus plantarum', Tauer et al., Microbial Cell Factories 2014
- 'Kinetic modeling of riboflavin biosynthesis in Bacillus subtilis under production conditions', M. Birkenmeier, Biotech. Lett., 2014
- 'A synthetic promoter library for constitutive gene expression in Lactobacillus plantarum',I. Rud, Microbiology, 2006
- 'Direct cloning in Lactobacillus plantarum: Electroporation with non-methylated plasmid DNA enhances transformation efficiency and makes shuttle vectors obsolete', Katharina SpathSpath et al. Microbial Cell Factories 2012, 11:141
- 'Repetitive, Marker-Free, Site-Specific Integration as a Novel Tool for Multiple Chromosomal Integration of DNA', Kia Vest Petersen et al., Appl. and Environ. Microbiology, 2013.
- 'Bacterial vitamin B2, B11 and B12 overproduction: An overview', Catherine M. Burgess et al., Int J Food Microbiology, 2009.
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) project:
- "Vitamins in the prevention of human diseases", Wolfgang Herrmann
- "Vitamin B12 deficiency", Alesia Hunt, BMJ, 2014
- "The total synthesis of vitamin B12", R. B. WOODWARD
- "Dietary factors that affect biological availability of trace elements", O'Dell 1972, Ann N Y Acad Sci.
- "Reduction of phytic acid and enhancement of bioavailable micronutrients in food grains". Gupta RK. J Food Sci Technol. 2015
- "Short motif sequences determine the targets of the prokaryotic CRISPR defence system", Mojica et al., 2009, Microbiology
- "RNA-guided editing of bacterial genomes using CRISPR-Cas systems", Jiang, Bikard et al., 2013, Nat Biotechnol
- "Cre recombinase: the universal reagent for genome tailoring", Nagy et al., 2000, Genesis 26 (2)
- "A high-throughput screen identifying sequence and promiscuity characteristics of the loxP spacer region in Cre-mediated recombination", Missirlis et al., 2006, BMC Genomics
- "One-step cloning and chromosomal integration of DNA", Saint-Pierre et al., 2013, ACS synthetic biology
- "Dynamics of chromosome segregation in Escherichia coli", Nielsen et al., 2006, BioCentrum, Ph.D thesis.
- "Programmable repression and activation of bacterial gene expression using an engineered CRISPR-Cas system", Bikard et al., 2013, Nucleic Acids Res
- "RNA-guided gene activation by CRISPR-Cas9–based transcription factors", Perez-Pinera et al., 2013, Nature Methods
- "A general method for numerically simulating the stochastic time evolution of coupled chemical reactions", Gillespie, Journal of Computational Physics (1976).
- "Exact Stochastic Simulation Of Coupled Chemical-Reactions", Gillespie, Journal of Physical Chemistry (1977).
- "A rigorous derivation of the chemical master equation", Gillespie, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (1992).
- "The slow-scale stochastic simulation algorithm", Gillespie, The Journal of Chemical Physics (2005).
- "Perspective: Stochastic algorithms for chemical kinetics", Gillespie, The Journal of Chemical Physics, (2013).